The SYPE Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award recognizes a Young Entrepreneur or team that has demonstrated operating success including sales, profitability, growth prospects, job creation and market acceptance.
$5,000 cash prize
powered by Conexus Credit Union
Nominees for the SYPE YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR Award should demonstrate professionalism, including: integrity, vision, drive, perseverance, and willingness to take risk.
An entrepreneur is a person who organizes, operates, and assumes the risk for a business venture.
To be eligible, a nominee must:
- Be a Saskatchewan resident age 35 or under as of December 31, 2017.
- Be a founding member of the business, or bought into a business, or acquired a business.
- Be a key member of the executive team and have strategic decision making power.
- Operate a Saskatchewan-based business that has demonstrated operating success over a three month period, including sales, profitability, growth prospects, job creation, and market acceptance.
- Demonstrate a level of innovation and/or expansion through products, services, production processes, marketing strategies, or any other aspect of the business.
- Consideration will be given to entrepreneurs who are contributing to his or her community through charitable work, service clubs or through any other leadership or volunteer capabilities, including any previous awards or honours accorded to him or her.